Best Spiral Vegetable Slicers To Buy In 2020
Some people have an easy time with vegetables. They eat them without needing to make them more interesting that they already are. Others need a little gentle nudge, and spiralizers give just that by introducing fancy shapes and all.
Whether you want to turn your zucchini into interesting spirals or simply reduce the time it takes to chop things up into smaller shapes, a spiral slicer is a great additional to your kitchen. Makes it even better that it takes up little space and needs no maintenance since it is manually operated. We look at the best spiral vegetable slicers on the market based on price, size, versatility, ease of use and cleaning, as well as convenience.
- Best Spiral Vegetable Slicers
- 1. Brieftons Blade Slicer
- 2. Fullstar Vegetable Slicer
- 3. Ontel Vegetable Spiralizer
- 4. Lifestyle Dynamics Slicer
- 5. Paderno Vegetable Spiralizer
- 6. Mealthy Vegetable Spiralizer
- 7. OXO Tabletop Spiralizer
- 8. Adoric Vegetable Spiralizer
- Uses of Spiral Vegetable Slicers/Spiralizers
- Buying Guide for the Best Spiralizers
Best Spiral Vegetable Slicers
1. Brieftons Blade Slicer
This tops the list of the best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers because it offers you great value for money without compromising on quality. It comes with seven different interchangeable blades. This means that you can serve your vegetables in 7 different ways. We like that it comes with a caddy that stores the blades when they are not in use. This is a safety measure as you wouldn’t want to leave the blades lying around.
The machine also includes a catch container where you can collect your newly spiraled vegetables. We like that the container also comes with a lid to help your vegetables stay fresh.
- 7 interchangeable blades
- Durable quality
- Free recipes
- Users report it is a little wobbly
2. Fullstar Vegetable Slicer
This is one of the best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers because of how compact it is. If you are looking for a no-frills, no-fuss spiralizer, then this is your best option. Because of how small it is, cleaning up after is a breeze. Storing it is just as easy.
Even though it is touted as being a space-saving machine, it still provides enough in terms of functionality. The slicer comes with 3 blades options that you can switch up with ease. The gadget has a removable container that allows you to store your vegetables once you’ve sliced them. It is made from non-toxic plastic which is BPA-free.
- Small and compact
- Easy to clean
- 3 blade options
- It is difficult to use
3. Ontel Vegetable Spiralizer
This is yet another simple yet functional option on our list of the best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers. This is a great option for those who prefer simplicity in their gadgets. With this cutter, all you have to do to use it is to twist it. The slicer provides a great way to make vegetable noodles as a healthier alternative to traditional noodles. It makes for a great tool to create vegetable stir fry too.
The slicer comes with dual stainless-steel blades which not only increase efficiency but reduce the risk of rust. You will like how easy it is to clean and store away; it barely takes up any space.
- Simple to use
- Stainless steel cutter
- Easy to clean
- Users report receiving a different item
4. Lifestyle Dynamics Slicer
This particular slicer makes a claim that it produces the least amount of waste as compared to other products on the market. This is one of the best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers as it features a unique design that allows you to get the most out of your vegetable. It has a wider funnel and a cap that helps push out more of the vegetable as you slice it up.
This product also features a thicker and sharper blade which helps prevent your noodles from coming out shredded or squished. It is also easy to clean and is dishwasher friendly.
- Promises less waste and more vegetables
- Extra sharp blades
- Dish-washer friendly
- Users complain that the blade dulls quickly
5. Paderno Vegetable Spiralizer
This slicer deserves to be on our list of the best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers because of how easy and child friendly it is. Both adults and supervised children can enjoy using this gadget to make a variety of vegetable shapes.
It comes with three different blades that each have a unique function. The chipper blade produces thick spirals that are similar to curly fries. The shredder blade produces thin linguine shapes that you can use in soups, spaghetti, and stir fry. The straight blade offers the most functionality because you can produce c-cuts, slices, ribbons, and shreds.
The slicer is made from BPA-free plastic and is dishwasher friendly.
- Great track record
- Dishwash safe
- Effective mostly on soft vegetables
6. Mealthy Vegetable Spiralizer
This is a spiralizer that offers more than just the device itself. You do get several blades, a storage container, a large catch, a user guide, recipe book and access to the Mealthy app that is loaded with healthy and tasty recipes. It also has a storage area for the blades and comes with a cleaning brush to aid in cleaning the hard to reach areas.
The gadget comes with 5 different blades that are made from hardened stainless steel which promise sharp and precise results. You won’t have to worry about contamination thanks to the BPA-free premium plastic the device features. You’ll also gain access to the Mealthy app which offers tons of great recipes.
- High-end premium quality
- Full-refund guarantee
- Not ideal for small vegetables
7. OXO Tabletop Spiralizer
If you are looking for a quick and simple way to make curly, spiral, shredded, and linguine vegetables, then this is the device you should get. This slicer comes with three sharp blades each with unique functions.
The blades come with a storage container that not only stores the blades but helps keep them away from young adventurous children. The suction cup that comes with this spiralizer makes it easy to use on a tabletop. The suction is strong enough to provide stability as you make quick work of slicing your vegetables. For easy storage, the device folds up into a compact shape.
- 3 blades with storage container
- Suction cup for tabletop use
- Quick and efficient
- Difficult to shred harder vegetables
8. Adoric Vegetable Spiralizer
If you are looking for a simple yet effective way to turn your vegetables into spirals, ribbons, and fettuccine then this is one of the best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers you can purchase. It’s simple and non-assuming shape can easily deceive you, however, it does get the job done. It comes with three blades that you can use to turn boring vegetables into different fun shapes.
The gadget features a cup with a non-slip grip that enables you to push the vegetables into the blades. Because it has an open design, it accommodates longer and rounder vegetables. The stainless steel blades are sharp and produce precise results.
- 3-in-1 blades
- Easy to use
- Premium quality plastic
- Non-user friendly design
Uses of Spiral Vegetable Slicers/Spiralizers
If you are tired of the traditional ways of slicing and dicing, then you’ll enjoy the several things spiralizers can do.
- Turn your vegetables into noodles. If you love noodles but hate the number of calories in them, then you’ll enjoy the healthier alternative by using vegetables. Think of a spiralizer as a large pencil sharper. Feed the vegetable into the slicer, rotate the handle, and you end up with evenly sized vegetable noodles. Vegetables that serve as great alternatives to noodles include zucchini, cucumber, yellow squash, bell peppers, sweet potatoes and cabbage.
- Reduce your kitchen time. The best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers reduce the amount of time you would have otherwise been spending on slicing and dicing your vegetables. If you have large portions of food to prepare, then this can help save your time. Furthermore, if you are not as adept at cutting perfectly sized pieces each time, these slicers can improve that outcome. If you are a chef at a restaurant, cutting and slicing can quickly become boring because of the monotony. But think about how much fun you could have if you used a spiralizer.
- Make creative recipes. Spiralizers are not just for vegetables; you can use them to make intricate fruit designs too with fruits like apples and pears. If your child is fussy about eating anything that does not look appealing, then you can easily create these linguine shapes and “trick” your child into eating them.
- Make chips. We like how multipurpose a slice is. You can use it to slice potatoes and make your own homemade potato chips. But if you are keen on healthier alternatives, you can slice your choice of vegetables and bake them for a tasty and healthier option.
- Whip up an appetizer. You can use your slicer to create great-looking appetizers before a meal. You can also use the spiralizer to make vegetable snacks for when you need something quick but filling.
Buying Guide for the Best Spiralizers
Most people use their spiralizers on cucumbers, sweet potatoes, zucchini, carrots, and radishes among other hard roots, and so there are things to consider before investing in one. They may not be the most expensive gadget you will have in your kitchen, but they are likely to be the most used and so you want to get the most value for your money.
Here’s what to look for.
There are three main types of spiralizers; electric, countertop, and handheld.
Handheld gadgets are small, handy, and take up little space. They are also easy to use for people with no physical hindrances since most are manually operates, and they do handle soft vegetables effortlessly. If you have little storage space, then they are ideal.
Countertop spiralizers are much larger and so will need more space. They also handle larger quantities of vegies, and their size also allows the prepping of hard roots without too much trouble. They produce much better consistent spirals as compared to handheld gadgets and they are ideal for home and commercial use. Naturally, they are costlier than handheld spiralizers but worth every dime. Their operational mechanism is easier even for arthritic people.
Electric Spiralizers are the opposite of their manual counterparts. They either come attached to other kitchen gadgets or can be sold as stand-alone. They are ideal for users with physical impairment who would have a problem using the manual kind. They make the most consistent zoodles of all while requiring the least physical effort. Naturally, they are quite pricey.
Based on the information above, you would want to look at what fits well in your kitchen. Countertop spiralizers require the most space since they are usually quite large, but they pay up by making some of the most consistent shapes. Smaller spiralizers – handheld – do not need designated space as they can fit anywhere with the rest of your small kitchen gadgets.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
Blades form an important part of a vegetable slicer, and so you want to look at ease of disassembly – if that is necessary – and storage. Are the blades dishwasher-friendly too? One thing worth noting is blades get stained by some food – such as beets – and so they should be made of easy-to-clean material. Handheld spiralizers are hands down the easiest to clean and use.
Quality of Results
If texture and thickness of vegetables is up there with the perfect spiral shape, you may want to forgo the handheld kind. Countertop and electric ones give the best results since they are larger and consistent. They are also likely to result in the least wastage since every bit of food is turned into a beautiful spiral.
You want to go for hard plastic that will not be damaged by consistent use. Blades should ideally be stainless steel since you will need to wash them regularly as well use with wet food and that should not be an impediment.
The best spiral vegetable slicers/spiralizers should ideally, make it easy for you to slice your vegetables. All of the products we’ve reviewed above provide great ways to meet your vegetable spiral needs. We included options if you like more advanced slicers with multiple blade options. We also included simpler versions if you prefer something that still gets the job done in less fussy ways. Each of the options we reviewed should be a great addition to your kitchen, especially if you are trying to ditch carbs and are opting for healthier alternatives.